Arranging Medical Travel to Barcelona
A Patient’s Guide
1. Make contact! You may contact us for information or to obtain a quote at email@example.com, or alternatively you can complete the 'Make An Enquiry' form found on every page. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have about our services.
2. Once you have decided upon a particular treatment, we will ask you to provide details relating to your medical history for the doctor to review and confirm that you qualify as a suitable candidate for treatment.
3. After the doctor has provided you with their observations and a recommendation of treatment, you may wish to speak with the doctor directly; a Case Coordinator will arrange this for you upon request.
4. Should you decide to proceed, a Case Coordinator will work with you to schedule treatment and arrange your stay in Barcelona. Your Case Coordinator can assist you with arranging accommodation, transfers and explain additional services available.
5. Once a programme for treatment has been finalised, you will receive a detailed quotation which covers the treatment and services.
6. Upon arriving to Barcelona, you will be met by a Patient Coordinator who will be on hand to offer assistance and support during your stay.
7. The Patient Coordinator will accompany you to the pre-treatment consultation with your doctor. The consultation will allow the doctor to ensure you’re ready and prepared for treatment and to address any issues or concerns you may have.
8. On the day you are scheduled to receive treatment, the Patient Coordinator will meet you at the hospital and assist you with hospital admission. Later they will escort you to your hospital room and upon request will stay with you until you leave for treatment. Whilst in the hospital, we can provide updates to family members and loved ones back home.
9. After you have received treatment and have spent the recommended recuperation time at the hospital, the doctor will visit to check on your progress and arrange a Post- treatment consultation. When the doctor is satisfied that you’re well enough to leave the hospital, you will be discharged assisted by the Patient coordinator.
10. Depending upon the type of treatment you have received, you will spend your time recuperating at your hotel under the advice and guidance of your treating doctor. With the doctor’s approval, you will be able to visit the city and the surrounding areas at leisure. We will be happy to arrange tours and activities should you so wish pre/post treatment.
11. A post treatment consultation will be carried out and only when the doctor is fully satisfied with the results and your wellbeing, you will be cleared for travel and permitted home. You will be provided with your medical reports and on your return home you will be contacted by your Case Coordinator to check on your progress.
12. Your treating doctor will follow up with you after an appropriate time of recuperation has elapsed and will be available for any further assistance required.