Ischemic heart disease (IHD) or myocardial ischaemia, is characterized by a reduced blood supply of the heart muscle, mostly due to coronary artery disease. It is more common in men, especially those who have a close relative with this disease, and its risk increases with age, smoking, high cholesterol levels, diabetes, and hypertension.
IHD can be diagnosed with an electrocardiogram, blood tests (cardiac markers), cardiac stress testing or a coronary angiogram. Treatment may be with medication, percutaneous coronary intervention (angioplasty) or coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG) depending on the case.
It is the most common cause of death in most Western countries, and a major cause of hospital admissions. A healthy diet and sometimes medication for diabetes, cholesterol and high blood pressure are used to prevent IHD and to decrease the risk of complications.
Medical Advantage Barcelona is proud to be working with Barnaclinic and its team of experts in percutaneous treatments for Ischemic Heart Disease with procedures such as:
- Right and left cardiac catheterization
- Coronary angioplasty
- Implantation of conventional and/or pharmacoactive stent
- Implantation of bio absorbable devices
- Intracoronary imaging techniques such as virtual histology, intracoronary ultrasound and optical coherence tomography
- Functional study of intermediate stenosis with pressure guide (FFR or fractional flow reserve)
- Study of the endothelial function.
If you would like to arrange a consultation with one of our experts in Ischemic Heart Disease, in order to evaluate your case please contact us at email@example.com here to make your enquiry.